VISITS

Flag Counter

March 23, 2013

Learning

I have been struggling my Rig Blaster Pro to get it to interface with my radio. I often wonder if it isn't something to do with the radio. In the mean time I have been exploring and learning Ham Radio Deluxe software. At first I was a bit worried about being able to learn as it seemed very complex for me. I like very simple easy to learn things. Well I have been running Winlogger32 and developed a problem with that. When running a third party cleaning program it would clean my logs from Winlogger32's program. Fortunately I back up my logs in multiple places.
I took a different approach to HRD, I looked at it as a software suite instead of one big program. The log files stay put and I like how they are displayed. One really awesome feature, when running the satellite pert of the program it interfaces with Google Earth. Pick a satellite of interest watch its track on the programs map then click over to the Google Earth Icon. You are then sent on a journey with that satellite and have a view of earth as that satellite would see it. I do this often with the International Space Station basically seeing what they would see. Its a virtual ride along, a high five for the developer of this!

73's
Mike/N8GBU

No comments: