VISITS

Flag Counter

June 20, 2013

U. K. AMATUER RADIO

Lately I have been more and more activity by the U.K. In my opinion they seem to be more involved in Amateur Radio than Americans or they like to publicize and talk about it a lot more than American Hams. For example AMSAT-UK is updated regularly plus for members can read the newsletter. I know AMSAT in the U.S. had problems with  hackers and were down for a long time. The newsletter they sent was bi-monthly with material I had already read on AMSAT-UK. Online there are numerous websites I have found very helpful from the U. K. However no one can out shine K7AGE's YouTube site! I have nick named him every ones " ELMER" he has many "How To" video's. Randy, K7AGE can also be found on Twitter.
Back to the U.K. I have always been a fan and on my bucket list to visit London. In my earlier years of operating I had a mini-quad and a TS-430S and was quite excited to be able to carry out a QSO on phone with a gentleman from the U.K. Back then band conditions were not the greatest and I was very lucky to make a QSO out of the U.S.

FIELD DAY WEEKEND STARTS TOMORROW ! I WILL BE OPERATING ON 20 METERS PHONE UNDER THE CALL W8HHF THE RADIO CLUB CALL SIGN WHERE I BELONG. I WILL BE OPERATING THE NIGHT STARTING ABOUT 11 P.M. EST.

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE AND BE SAFE !

73'S
 

No comments: