VISITS

Flag Counter

January 19, 2013

THE ANGLE OF THE DANGLE

This past Fall my son helped me raise and straighten my G5RV antenna. I had it rather low to the ground, draping the ladder line along the garage roof. I also had a "dog leg" at one end of the antenna! When I really started getting active on the bands and " DX" could be heard I decided I had to fix this, my son took to climbing a tree in front of our home. He noticed a problem with a rather large tree branch hanging over the house and sidewalk. Once the antenna was in its new position he asked for a hand axe and began chopping away. I was debating on what to do with the ladder line. I live on a rather small lot and the antenna wasn't high enough to let it hang down like it should. I managed to just have line to bring it back to the house on about a 45 degree angle from the rest of the antenna. Last night and today the wind is really blowing about 35 mph with gusts. I was happy to see my G5RV still up in the air this morning!


73's N8GBU / MIKE

No comments: